Application to audit modules
The South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences offers interested parties the opportunity to become more familiar with the work and the teaching of the university by auditing lectures or seminars. Auditing university modules is very different from following a degree course at our university. Auditing differs from a full degree course in the following way:
- For auditing modules, no documentation for university entrance qualification or language certificate is required.
- Auditing modules does not qualify you to take examinations and you cannot receive a degree.
- It is also not possible to recognize modules you have audited when you later begin a full university degree.
- Auditing university modules does also not qualify you to get the semester ticket for using buses and trains.
- Auditing modules does also not qualify you for receiving German state sponsored help for financing your studies (BAföG).
The South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences would like to give refugees the opportunity to find out more about your university and our research and teaching by allowing them to audit our modules. Being given the right to audit modules at our university does not have any effect on your residency or asylum status.
The application to audit modules must be made in writing. The application can be submitted to any of our Student Service Offices (Studierenden-Servicebüros). Auditing admission to modules will be given for one semester, but this can be renewed for further semesters.
The application deadline is
- 01.04. each year for summer semester
- 01.10. each year for winter semester