Students of Double Degree Programmes

Information for students in the double degree programmes

You have been nominated by your home institution to take part in the Double Degree Programme at the Fachhochschule Südwestfalen? Congratulations!!!

Please read on for information concerning registration, enrolment, arrival and stay at the FH Südwestfalen.

What do you have to do in your home country?

With the help of your departmental co-ordinator at your home institution, please determine which modules you wish to study at the Fachhochschule Südwestfalen. Please also determine with the help of your departmental co-ordinator a topic for your final assignment (bachelor thesis). We recommend that you take an online course in German at Deutsch-Uni Online in good time. This course is reasonably priced for ERASMUS students and the students can be awarded ECTS credit points for it.

  • Complete the Application Form for the Double Degree Programme and send it together with a passport photo to the International Office of the Fachhochschule Südwestfalen, Frauenstuhlweg 31, 58644 Iserlohn, Germany. Please also send a list of the grades you have obtained to date (transcript of records). The closing date for receipt of your application for the winter semester is 1 June, for the summer semester 1 November.
  • You will first of all receive an email confirmation of receipt of your application from us. Your application will be examined here by the relevant department and a contact professor appointed. You will then be informed by email whether your Double Degree Programme can be carried out and which professor will be your contact.
  • Please also make sure in advance that your health insurance and your third-party insurance will cover your stay in Germany.
  • Before you leave for Germany, please inform the International Office by email of your exact place and time of arrival.
  • Please bring the following documents with you to Germany:
    • Passport or identity card
    • Confirmation of health insurance
    • Any document evidencing that your stay in Germany is financially covered. This may be a letter from your parents confirming that they will pay your living expenses in Germany, or a statement of account showing that you have sufficient funds at your disposal.
    • 2 passport sized photos

What do you have to do when you arrive in Germany?

After you arrive, please report to the International Office in Soest or in Iserlohn as soon as possible and bring all your documents with you. Enrolment takes place in the respective Student Services office. Please remember that you will have to pay a semester enrolment fee including the ticket for public transport. This fee has to be paid into the Fachhochschule Südwestfalen’s account using a transfer form which you will receive on enrolment. It is advisable to open a cost-free account at a German bank.

  • You should then report to your departmental co-ordinator and introduce yourself. S/He will help you if you have any further questions on your studies and timetable.
  • Within a week of your arrival you have to report to the residents’ registration office in the town in which you are living, where you will apply for a residence permit. To do so, you will need your passport, your health insurance certificate, your lease, a confirmation of enrolment and proof that your stay in Germany is financially covered. The International Office will help you with this.

If you have any further questions, please contact the International Office .


Information (in German) for students from the:

Swiss-German University, Jakarta

University of Bolton